If you are looking for safe electricians in Kent, P.A.Hollingworth & Co Ltd recognises the general principles of prevention and protection as stated in the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and all other relevant statutory provisions and amendments. An ongoing policy for Health & Safety training ensures that both managerial staff and site operatives are continually updated in all aspects of our work.
CHAS (Contractors Health & Safety Assessment Scheme)
It is a non-commercial scheme available to suppliers (those who provide goods and services) and to organisations (buyers) looking for suitably competent suppliers.
SMSTS (Site Managers Safety Training Scheme)
At PA Hollingworth & Co Ltd all our site managers develop knowledge, awareness and understanding of their legal, moral and social responsibilities in respect of health, safety and welfare on construction sites. The SMSTS course offered by the CITB is one of the most robust and highly respected qualifications for persons who are responsible for the management of construction activities. All Site Managers and Contracts Managers at PA Hollingworth & Co are current holders of this qualification.
Committed to JIB (Joint Industry Board)
The JIB sets the standards for employment, welfare, grading and apprentice training in the electrical contracting industry. All of our site operatives are JIB registered or CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) card holders.
Company Procedures for Management of Health & Safety
The Active Monitoring carried out by the management of P.A.Hollingworth & Co Ltd is a measure of Health & Safety in the preventive area. Regular workplace inspections are carried out and whilst constantly looking for the more obvious hazards, compliance with ever changing standards is also monitored and objectives for a safe and healthy working environment are planned before any accidents occur.
As well as having regular inspections, additional checks are also made whenever there are significant changes in the nature and or scale of company operations. These inspections also provide an opportunity to review the continuing effectiveness of the company’s Health & Safety Policy and to identify areas where revision of the H&S Policy, or any other company policy, may be necessary.
In addition to the Active Monitoring, P.A.Hollingworth & Co Ltd has a policy of “Reactive Monitoring” which looks at any accidents or dangerous occurrences/incidents and records how the occurred and how they were reported and investigated. Such information is then fed back to the Active preventative monitoring system. Where a discrepancy is identified, both forms of monitoring follow the system of response and, where considered necessary, carry out a review of the relevant Risk Assessment and Method Statement to ensure all future operations are safe and notify all operatives of any change required.
Company Health & Safety Consultation Policy Statement:
- Paying particular attention to all relevant legislation, regulations, and government guidance
- To promote and active policy of relaying any new legislation and guidance to all employees
- Ensure that all employees know and understand the policy and what is expected of them
- Monthly meetings with key personnel to discuss matters of Health and Safety
- Fortnightly meetings with ALL employee’s where Health and Safety issues can be discussed and where we train to promote a Health and Safety conscious workforce
- Ensure all sub-contractors are aware of the company policy, and encouraged to attend the meetings
- To appoint, annually, key personnel as Employees’ Health & Safety Representatives and encourage regular open and frank debate between management and these representatives